Sunday, October 13, 2013

LISA AND CEL: THE COUNT DOWN

THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY 

It was a Sunday like any other one. I wake up with a happy spirit and got ready for service. My cheek twitched and a carefree smile crossed my face, my preparations were interrupted by my Boo’s ring tone. His voice is a soothing drug any day anytime so once it hit my earlobes and flowed slowly into my ear canal hitting the drums there in, it played a slow soft love beat. He just called to see how I was doing and wish me the best day ever. I was however looking forward to tonight. My family and I were going to be having dinner and we settled on Chinese.


That evening Mom and Sis picked me up right on time and it was straight to Eastern Garden Chinese Restaurant somewhere in Port Harcourt. We took our seats and orders and shortly after the waiter brought us some refreshments. I noticed that my sister was really restless, lol, she just kept visiting the lady’s room and my Mom just kept smiling. My cheek twitched again. It was that song again ( I think I wanna Marry You by Bruno Mars) and I smiled as I told my Mom, “that is Celestine’s ring tone Mom,”… “Eh? What did you say?” She responded, so I repeated myself. And we both smiled.

I love romantic moments, (I thought to myself) and this would have been perfect if Cel were here, but wait o… Why is there a camera man here? And why is he just focusing on me? Why is everyone watching us and why is my mother laughing? Wait a minute what is happening here? As I turned around I saw the most limb weakening, heart melting sight ever.

They were all lined up. My "restless sister" and our friends were all standing behind me wearing T-Shirts written “will you marry me Lisa ?” I was so embarrassed, short of breath, shocked, and there was Cel, the man who had stolen my heart wearing the T-Shirt inscribed “Lisa”. He walked up to me and went on one knee saying, “ few months with you has brought me so much joy and happiness and I will love to wake up each day with you by my side. And it will be bad on my path to see another man take you away from me. I want to grow old with you Lisa. Will you marry me?” Tears rolled down my face as I smiled with heart bursting joy. After catching my breath and stopping my heart from falling out from my chest I said “yes, Mr. Celestine Obialor, I will marry you”.

Lisa getting the surprise of a life time
Short of words
The breakdown
Cel pops the big question and wins Lisa's heart
Freshly engaged
My name is Lisa Okeiyi. My love story continues.










No comments:

Post a Comment